Energy to Care Challenges
Energy to Care participants can engage in friendly competition to see which facilities can record the greatest reductions in energy use. To create your own internal challenge as a health care system or ASHE chapter, please contact the Energy to Care help desk at firstname.lastname@example.org. ASHE is currently enrolling ASHE-affiliated chapters in the Energy to Care Chapter Challenge (see below for details).
Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge
The Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge program allows ASHE affiliated chapters to participate in a friendly competition against one another in an effort to reduce their energy consumption. Submit applications by September 15, 2016. Detailed instructions are listed below.
CHAPTER CHALLENGE INFORMATION
- The Challenge will compare weather-normalized Source EUI between two, 12-month period ending dates 12/31/2015 and 12/31/2016. The group that demonstrates the greatest percent-based reduction in weather normalized EUI across the two periods will be the winner.
- ASHE’s Energy to Care team will conduct the calculations and will post an updated list of standings throughout the challenge.
- A chapter must enroll a minimum of 5 hospitals to compete and there are two categories of participation:
- Small chapter category (5 to 15 enrolled hospitals)
- Large chapter category (more than 16 hospitals)
- To participate in this year’s challenge, you must sign up your chapter by completing the steps below by September 15, 2016.
- Click here to review the Energy to Care Data Use Policy. For the Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge program, ASHE will follow the data use policy with two exceptions: ASHE will report aggregate savings for the winning chapter, as well as all chapters a whole. Also, a listing of the competition standings will be posted.
- The competition may not be used to reward competitors for the use of any particular commercial products or services.
To participate in the challenge, chapter leaders must complete an online application. Please note that only one application is required per ASHE Chapter, which can be completed by following the steps below. However, step #2 (data request) must be completed by each participating hospital on the team.
- Talk to chapter members and gather information on the Energy to Care participating hospitals that want to participate in the Chapter Challenge program. To get a list of hospitals in your chapter area that currently participate in Energy to Care, email email@example.com. You will need the required data for each of the hospitals that want to participate in the Chapter Challenge using this Excel spreadsheet that will be uploaded as part of step 4.
- Prior to the submission deadline, request hospitals participating in your chapter challenge to submit their baseline/mid-year energy data in Portfolio Manager by completing this data request.
- The ASHE Energy to Care Chapter Challenge is following ENERGY STAR competition guidelines and is co-branded as an EPA ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings competition. The Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge will recognize chapters with the best energy performance, while the EPA ENERGY STAR Battle of the Buildings competition will recognize states with the best energy performance. (Please note that hospitals may participate in the challenge under multiple ASHE affiliated chapters, but each hospital’s scores only count once toward the state ranking). Complete the application requesting to host your statewide Battle of the Buildings competition and upload with your application.
- Complete the following Energy to Care ASHE Chapter Challenge online application form and submit it.
Data request templates are automatically populated by Portfolio Manager and can be generated quickly. Hospitals will automatically receive an email acknowledging your data has been received.
For help enrolling in the Energy to Care Chapter Challenge, please contact the Energy to Care Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.